Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hardwood Floors - Day 2

Yesterday, we finally started installing the floor.  Still going slow, but just from the small amount we finished, I can already tell it's going to look amazing!

Drumroll, please!  Here's the very first board!



While the boys were busy installing the planks, I was out in the garage painting all these quarter round toe kicks.  I cranked up some Eminem to help me through it, but after painting 5 12ft strips, not even Eminem could keep me warm in that freezing weather.  And it seems like it's going to be even colder today!



A lot of loud sawing was heard throughout the house too.  We have to trim all the door jambs to fit the flooring...


And of course, Miss Lillerskatez (aka "Lily") wasn't too pleased with all the noise:


Here's the work in progress.  Note the skillful use of a jigsaw to fit the planks in the closet :)



By the end of the day, the closet was finished and a couple more rows were added on before we all crashed on the couch eating homemade pizza and watching "My Name is Earl".

No comments:

Post a Comment